Quinoa Collard Greens Salad
Quinoa Chili Verde
- 2 cups of Keen One Original Quinoa
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can great northern beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz.) can navy beans, undrained
- 4 cups vegitarian or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- shredded chicken or pork (optional)
- optional toppings: fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, avocado, tortilla chips
- Add all the above ingredients to a crockpot and cook for 3 hours
- Viola! Serve hot with additional toppings
Quinoa Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup of Keen One Original Quinoa
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
- Sift together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the buttermilk and whisk together, then whisk in the vanilla extract and the oil.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and quickly whisk together. Fold in the quinoa.
- Heat a griddle over medium-hot heat. If necessary, brush with butter or oil. Cook until bubbles begin to break through, two to three minutes. Turn and cook on the other side for about a minute or until nicely browned. Remove from the heat, and continue cooking until all of the batter is used up.
Lemon Zest Quinoa Beet Dish
- Keen One Original Quinoa
- 3 Lemons
- 3 - 4 Beets (small)
- Mint (1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Cut skin away and dice the beets
- Lightly coat beets in oil and roast for about 45 minutes
- Remove and let cool
- Cook Keen One Original Quinoa to package directions
- Juice the lemons into the quinoa
- Add beets
- Dice mint into the dish
- Grade the lemon zest into the dish for garnish and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Quinoa Crispy Treats
- 2½ cups Keen One Original Quinoa crispies
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Justins peanut butter
- ½ cup raw honey or (agave necktar for a vegan option)
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, place quinoa on a baking sheet. Cook quinoa for 25 minutes, flipping ever 5-10 so the quinoa does not get burnt.
- Mix the quinoa crispies and salt together in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Line a square baking dish (8 x 8 should do the trick) with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the peanut butter and honey or agave together. Stir until its liquid and easy to pour. Pour it over the quinoa mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until everything is combined. Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking dish, and flatten with the back of a plastic spatula. Place in the refrigerator while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. Once melted, remove the quinoa bars from the fridge and pour the chocolate mixture over them. Tilt the pan to ensure they are entirely coated. Return the dish to the fridge and until cool and the chocolate has completely hardened.
- It’s best if you can wait for a few hours, but if you’re ansy, then you can probably get away with throwing them in the freezer for 15 – 20 minutes, although they won’t be as tasty.
Coconut Pecan Quinoa Clusters
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsps Chia Seeds
- 2 tsps. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup uncooked Keen One Organic Quinoa
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine sugar, chia seeds, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in large bowl.
- Add quinoa, pecans, coconut and cranberries to bowl. Mix well. Shape into a 9-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until mixture feels dry and edges begin to brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Break into bite-sized pieces.
- Enjoy your clusters!
Quinoa Pesto with Parmesan Pita Appetizer
- 1/2 cup of cooked Keen One Original Quinoa
- 2 cups of packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cups of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of parmesean cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 slices of pita bread
- Cook Keen One Quinoa according to package directions
- Combine quinoa, basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processer until coarsely chopped
- Add 2/3 cups of olive oil, 1 cup of parmesean cheese, and lemon juice until smooth, season with salt and pepper
- Set pesto aside in a serving bowl and slice the pita bread
- Place the pita bread in a warm saute pan with a dash of oilve oil
- Sprinkle the rest of the parmesean cheese on the pita slices
- Once the cheese has melted, serve the warm pita bread with the pesto dip and enjoy!
Quinoa Salad with Garbanzo Beans, Tomatoes and Cilantro
- 1 Pack of Keen One Original Quinoa
- 1/2 Cups of Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Can of Garbanzo Beans, Drained
- 1 Lemon, Juiced
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cups Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayanne Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees for the garbanzo beans
- Season and bake the garbanzo beans for about 30 minutes or until baked throughly
- While the garbanzo beans are cooking, cook the Keen One Original Quinoa according to package directions
- Whisk balsamic, olive oil, dijon, and lemon together for the dressing; add garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cayenne
- Stir together the quinoa, beans, tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and enjoy!
Cinnamon Apple Quinoa Parfait
- 1 Pack Keen One Quinoa Original
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 4-5 apples
- 4-5 cherries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup of non-fat yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oats, coconut oil, sugar, and one teaspoon of cinnamon together in a small bowl. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and cook until golden brown, usually about 7-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine water, apples, sugar, vanilla, and one teaspoon of cinnamon together. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Cook until apples are softened, about 10 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook Keen One Quinoa Original quinoa per instructions on pack. When cooked, refrigerate until cool. Can add another teaspoon of cinnamon if desired.
Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt in bottom of glass (either non-fat vanilla or cherry), 1/4 cup quinoa, 1/4 cup cinnamon apple parfait. Repeat the layering and top with oat crumble. Repeat with remaining glasses.
- Top with sliced cherries or if making a desert, fresh whipped cream.
Quinoa Caprese Salad
- 1 pack Keen One Quinoa Original
- 2 cups heirloom tomato, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp cup basil pesto
- Cook Keen One Quinoa Original quinoa per instructions on pack. When cooked, refrigerate until cool.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and pesto in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella and basil with pesto in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Combine cooled quinoa into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Serve and enjoy!
Quinoa, Kale and Kohlrabi Salad
- 1 pack Keen One Quinoa Original
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup kohlrabi, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp agave
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup water/stock
- Combine water/stock and Keen One Quinoa into a small sauce pan, bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook 8 minutes or until soft. Salt and pepper to season.
- Combnie olive oil, balsamic vinegar, agave in bowl or dresser mixer and mix.
- Combine quinoa kale, onion, kohlrabi, feta and dressing into a bowl and mix.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 1 bag of seaweed paper
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 avocado
- 1 carton of spinach
- 3 eggs (fried)
- ¼ pound of Crab meat (or imitation crab)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Bamboo Roller
- 1 pack of Keen One Quinoa
1. Beat eggs thoroughly and fry in a large frying pan until egg becomes firm.
2. Sauté spinach in sesame oil.
3. Slice the pepper, avocado, cooked eggs, and crab into long, thin pieces. Doing so will make your kimbap easier to roll.
4. Place a sheet of seaweed onto your bamboo roller and coat the seaweed evenly with a thin layer of quinoa. This serves as the glue that will holld the roll together.
5. Place veggies, crab, and eggs in a horizontal row about a third of the way up from the bottom of your seaweed paper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Using the bamboo mat, wrap the bottom of the seaweed over the top of your fillings. Continue rolling until you reach the end of the seaweed paper. Give your kimbap one last squeeze to make your roll nice and tight. Don't worry if you struggle with the first few rolls. You will get better with practice!
7. Serve and enjoy! You can try adding additional flavor to this recipe by using another flavor of Keen One Quinoa or by seasoning your quinoa with sesame oil or rice vinegar.
Cinnamon & Banana Quinoa
- 1 Pack Original Quinoa
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tsp honey
- 1/4 banana, sliced
- Cook pack of Original Quinoa as directed.
- After quinoa is cooked add cinnamon, brown sugar, honey and sliced banana to quinoa and mix.
- Pour quinoa into bowl or cup top with a few slices to banana and a pinch of cinnamon and enjoy.
Quinoa Fruit Salad with a Honey Lime Dressing
- Combine the juice of a large lime with 3 tablespoons of honey and 2 table spoons of chopped fresh mint in a bowl and whisk.
- Combine the dressing and the quinoa with 1 1/2 cups of blueberries, 1 1/2 cups of sliced strawberries and 1 1/2 cups of chopped mango and mix. Garnish with fresh mint and serve.