Quinoa Avgolemono Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock, plus 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup of Keen One Garden Medley Quinoa
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast, diced (optional)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot and saute the onions over medium-high heat until they are soft and translucent, 4-5 minutes. While the onions are cooking, bring another pot of salted water to a boil and add the quinoa.
- Cook Keen One Garden Medley Quinoa to package directions
- When the onions are ready, add the chicken or vegetable stock and water and bring to a bare simmer. When the quinoa is ready, add to the chicken or vegetable broth. Add the diced chicken breast if desired to the pot. Let this cook 5-8 minutes, then taste the soup for salt.
Beat the eggs in a bowl. Whisking constantly, add the lemon juice to the eggs. You will need to temper the eggs before you add the egg-lemon mixture to the soup. It takes both hands to do this. With one hand, whisk the egg-lemon mixture vigorously. With the other, slowly pour in a ladle's worth of hot broth. Do this at least twice, and you can add as many ladle's worth of broth as you want to the mixture.
- Turn the heat off the soup. Whisk the soup with one hand while you pour the hot egg-lemon mixture in with the other. Serve at once, garnished with parsley.
Quinoa Fried Rice
- 1 cup of Keen One Garden Medley quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water or low-sodium chicken or vegitable stock
- ¼ small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped and divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly scrambled (still raw)
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 ½ tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- ¾ teaspoon sesame oil
- Cook Keen One Garden Medley Quinoa according to package directions. Remove from heat and let set for five minutes or so. Fluff with a fork.
- Cool and store in the fridge, preferably overnight.
- Mix teriyaki, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over a high heat. Add onion and carrot, cook about two minutes. Add 2 scallions, garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook another two minutes. Add in the rest of the olive oil and the quinoa. Stir-fry about two minutes. Add sauce and stir-fry until incorporated, about two minutes. Make a well in the center of the quinoa pour eggs in, scramble. Throw in peas, then toss everything together until the peas are warmed through, add remaining scallion and serve.
Quinoa Veggie Bites
- 2 cups of Keen One Garden Medley Quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated **Or, to your liking
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients together, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Using a melon baller or a tablespoon, place rounded drops of the mixture into each cup of the muffin pan, pressing each one down lightly with your fingers to make sure that each one is firmly packed.
- Bake until lightly golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This is an incredibly simple and delicious recipe that works by itself or as a side dish. Here are the instructions:
- Begin by cooking 1 pack of Keen One Garden Medley Quinoa in a medium saucepan
- Cut a zucchini into thin slices, and sautee
- Mix the zucchini and quinoa together and enjoy!
- Dice 1 medium beet, 1/2 cup of rainbow chard, and 1 tbsp of shallots halfway through cook time to experience beet bonanza. A Boulder Farmer’s Market Favorite.
Veggie Quinoa over Mixed Greens:
- Add 1/2 cup of diced carrots and celery, 1/2 cup of tomatoes, 1/4 cup onion, and 1 tbsp of minced garlic halfway through the cook time. Serve over a bed of mixed greens.